I’ve been silly busy recently with normal Applaud work but also, excitingly, with this new project, Comeintoland with my nice good friend Travis Street. This is my excuse for not having done anything on here for ages. Plus I’ve been on holiday. And I’ve just started watching The Sopranos for the first time.
But mainly this.
So I’ve missed a week. Or two. Or three. Here’s a picture to make up for it.
Feel better? Good, now here’s a belated top five ace things for the week.
1. Birdy – People Help The People (Two Inch Punch Sunken Hearts rework)
2. 80′s Jamaican Dancehall Posters, via It’s Nice That
3. ‘Forever – The New Tattoo’, available here.
4. The announcement of a Fuct book, looking back over the 20+ years of the brand.
5. This amazing collection of Zippo lighters, collected from Vietnam onwards.
Yesterday, I was chatting with a friend of mine about the Leap Motion I’d ordered. We talked about how technology is becoming increasingly more sophisticated and accurate. That conversation moved onto computer games where the same thing is happening; the graphics, feel and story lines in games are becoming more and more convincing.
Came upon this today and was struck by how lovely an idea it is. The Everywhere Project is curated by Adrian Walsh, a designer and illustrator from Southern California.
I’ve missed a week haven’t I? Oh dear.
1. Never been bothered about Superman (bar the Doomsday storyline) but this teaser trailer for the Man Of Steel film makes me think that might change. Especially as Christopher Nolan is involved.
2. Waris Ahluwalia’s Mr Porter ‘The Way I Dress’ video. I do hope it’s done slightly tongue in cheek though…
3. The Saturdays Surf NYC collection. Seems weird having a surf shop in New York though…
4. Jai Paul’s Jasmine demo.
5. Rediscovered Mr Mort!
1. From BBC1′s ‘Twenty Twelve’, Perfect Curve’s digital strategy
2. The 2 Bear’s album, particularly the track ‘Church’
3. Troll Hunter on Netflix. Watch it, it is ace.
4. Federico Vitteta’s video to the song ‘Warm and Easy’. By The 2 Bears. Am I allowed to do that? Via It’s Nice That.
5. I found this a while ago but everyone needs to see this website, Free Cabin Porn. Seriously one of my favourite websites EVER!
5(II). If I don’t post this now, I’ll have forgotten about it by next week. Via The 405, The Alchemist’s ‘Flight Confirmation’ (ft. Danny Brown & Schoolboy Q)
Last year I went to one of the Blisters shows at the Print Club London gallery in Dalston. It was great, I’d highly recommend going to this one which is coming up.
1. This article from Clive Andrews.
2. Danny Brown’s Grown Up
3. Finisterre’s Anabatic MK II Jacket
4. Cover Junkie
5. ‘Yes This is Dog’ vs Taken. ROFL, MEGALOLZ etc
This small, unassuming little box is the cause of a great deal of excitement for me. I’ve already pre-ordered one for myself and am really looking forward to its December/January release. I mean I’m REALLY looking forward to it.
Effortless style! A backflip high-five! An inability to catch!
Only one of these relates to me in the Revolutionz X Spindle Productions test trip video. Find out which one now!